Is a speciality of dentistry and medicine which deals in treating complex oral and dental problems. With the availability of inhouse x-ray facility, the procedure can be planed and different treatment modalities are discussed on the day of consultation saving the patient time. Cocoona dental offers –
- Routine extraction
- Difficult extraction
- Surgical extraction of unerupted or impacted teeth like wisdom teeth Wisdom teeth require extraction when:
- Deep cavity which cannot be restored or filled
- Pulpal infection
- Fractured or broken tooth
- Adjacent tooth has a cavity which cannot be restored or filled because of the impacted third molar
- Gum disease
- Orthodontic treatment
- Cheek biting
- Food getting lodged between the wisdom and the adjacent tooth
- Cyst, tumor or any other pathology detected on the x-ray
- Root surgeries also known as Apicectomy is done when a recurrent root infection is observed even after a root canal treatment.
- Abscess drainage.
- Frenectomy is a procedure where a small fold of tissue called the frenulum is removed. Frenulum is found between the upper front teeth and the tongue. Its removal is necessary when it causes gaps between the front teeth and or when the tongue is tied to the lower teeth making it difficult to eat or speak.
- Managing minor facial trauma like a cut or buise on the face, lip or tongue
- Dental trauma fractured tooth or tooth has fallen out.
- The fallen tooth should be stored in the patient’s saliva and report immediately to the dental office. It is strongly advised not to wash the tooth under tap water
- Cyst removal.
- Bone grafting.
Is stream of dentistry which deals with clinical diagnosis of the oral cavity like ulcers, red and white lesions. This also includes Orofacial pain like TMJ pain, burning mouth syndrome, ulcers and many more.