Gen / Laparoscopic Surgeon
Dr. Girish Juneja, is a well experienced Gen/laparoscopic surgeon & has a special interest in weight loss metabolic surgery.
He had his basic laparoscopic training from ninewells medical college, Dundee, Scotland & UK. A diploma in minimal access surgery from Strassbourg, France & is a Fellow of ACE Bariatric Surgical Center, Emmen, Netherlands.
He is one among the experts in the field of Bariatric Surgery ( Weight loss surgery ) performing regularly procedures like sleeve gastrectomy, lapband , gastric bypass & gastric balloon beside other laparoscopic & general surgeries which includes surgery for Hernia , Gallstone disease , varicocele, thyroid , reflux disease etc.
He has served as Head of Surgery in various reputed hospitals since 1990. & has been pro-active on academic aspects of surgery as well by conducting lecturing in many national and international conferences, chairing, all over the world.
Presently, he is the Director, Bariatric Center, International Modern Hospital, Dubai & in his last assignment he was the Head of the department of General Surgery in Al Noor Hospital, Abu Dhabi . Dr Girish has Joined Cocoona Day Surgical Centre to strengthen the Bariatric/General Surgery department.
- American Medical Society of Vienna, Austria (life member) # 6951 since Oct, 1991.
- IAGES (Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo-Surgeons # 1178.
- ELSA (Endoscopic & Laparoscopy Surgeons of Asia)
- MIRA,(robotic surgery Association) U.S.A.
- MEMBER of EATS(European association of transluminal surgery) EATS/2007/130297
- Member of AMERICAN SOCIETY OF METABOLIC & BARIATRIC SURGERY (ASMBS)
- MEMEBR OF INETRNATIONAL FEDERATION for surgery of obesity (IFSO)