Being well informed is being well prepared. Besides checking that your clinic and doctors have the necessary skills, knowledge and experience, here are some more areas that you should probe:
- How many years of experience do you have as a Plastic Surgeon?
- How many liposuction procedures have you done?
- Where will the surgery be conducted?
- Is the clinic prepared and certified to assist liposuction surgeries?
- Do you have a licensed anesthetist on board?
- What are the most common complications that your patients have had? And how were they handled?
- Do you have a “before” and “after” photo album for this procedure?
- Am I a good candidate?
- What can I expect after the surgery?
- What precautions would I need to take pre-surgery and post-surgery?
- How many days will I take to recover fully?
- What should I do for a quick recovery?
- Will the shape and appearance of my body change over time? If yes, how?
- What are the risks involved in this procedure?
- What treatment option/ technique will be used for me?
- Is non-surgical body contouring/ fat reduction an option for me?
- How does liposuction impact pregnancy?
Please feel free to add any more questions that you wish to this list before your consultation session.
Print List of Questions
Some FAQs are already answered herein for your ease:
- What is the ideal technology for Liposuction?
In our opinion there is no one technology that fits all needs, like it is said “one key does not fit all locks”. We think it is dependent on the clinical condition, patient expectation, cost effectiveness, surgeon expertise and availability of technology. Cocoona is equipped with almost all of the latest technologies. We assess the patient, evaluate the condition of the fat and skin and choose an appropriate technology to provide the desired outcome in the safest and surest possible way.
- Will I be administered anesthesia?
Generally, Liposuction is a procedure done under anesthesia. In some cases, local anesthesia suffices, while in some general anesthesia is recommended.
- Is liposuction permanent or will the stubborn fat come back in my body?
Liposuction is very good at removing the stubborn fat and giving a good body shape. But if the patient is not careful and regains weight post the procedure, the fat cells may reappear in the old spots or in another. So it is imperative that the patient follows a healthy post liposuction schedule of exercise and diet to maintain their shape and size.
- What can I do to refrain from putting on weight after Liposuction?
After a good Liposuction procedure and achieving the desired body shape, it is in your hands to maintain it. Your surgeon will be able to guide you about basic exercises and recommended diet plan, but the execution is in your hands. Regular, disciplined exercise schedule should be maintained, along with a good control over your food intake.
- Will I be able to play sport, etc.?
Yes, after the initial recovery, around 2-4 weeks, you will be able to resume your sporting activities. If you undertake heavy physical sports, your doctor’s advice should be solicited before resumption.
- Is liposuction covered under health insurance?
Since liposuction is generally done for aesthetic reasons, medical insurance does not cover it. If, however, it is done for medical reasons, it may be covered. Please check about your insurance eligibility beforehand, including which costs are covered and which aren’t.